You might think a man who had a couple of Dr Who serials under his belt (1980’s – the Sylvester McCoy era), might rest on his laurels, but like the rest of us Ben Aaronovitch has a living to make. Ben has a solid CV of writing for television and TV spinoffs, but he has recently been making serious waves with his series of supernatural police procedural novels and graphic novels, starting in 2011 with Rivers Of London. He allows that the success of these Peter Grant books has considerably exceeded his expectations. But we’re not surprised. There is always room for well-written, funny, urban fantasy, right?. We met Ben at his publishers in Blackfriars to discuss the latest instalment – The Furthest Station.
- Steve Richards – The Prime Ministers We Never Had: Success And Failure From Butler to Corbyn
- Joel Meadows – Tripwire 30th Anniversary
- David Hepworth – Abbey Road: The Inside Story of the World’s Most Famous Recording Studio
- Louise Willder – Blurb Your Enthusiasm – an A-Z of Literary Persuasion
- Nick Wallis – The Great Post Office Scandal: The fight to expose a multimillion pound IT disaster which put innocent people in jail
- Or subscribe here