Face Front, True Believers! This is the story of the man who gave the world the Marvel Universe, who bestrode the comic-book industry like a colossus, and who said “Face Front, True Believers!” a lot.
In later life Stan Lee became nearly as famous as his creations, appearing in cameo in a score of the films based on the characters he had created. But for nearly twenty years he laboured in an unprepossessing corner of popular culture, writing comic-books for kids. It was only with the Marvel revolution that comics exploded into the main stream. Spider-man, The Fantastic Four, The Incredible Hulk, The Avengers, The X-Men – all products of Stan Lee’s Marvel in the early 1960’s.
Who Stan Lee was and how it all happened is the subject of this book.
- Nicholas Wapshott – Samuelson Friedman: The Battle Over the Free Market
- Robb Johnson – The People’s Republic of Neverland: The Child Versus The State
- Alwyn Turner – All In It Together: England in the Early 21st Century
- Stan Lee – How Marvel Changed The World!
- Paul Theroux from the archives – Chicago Loop
Subscribe to Podcast