Iain Banks is one of the most successful and productive British novelists of his generation; a writer of apparently boundless invention and self-confidence. Since 1984, with the publication of The Wasp Factory, he has reached a huge and devoted audience with his mainstream books and his series of science fiction novels. Tim met Iain Banks in a hotel room in Central London and set about the job of talking to him about the his writing, his career and in particular about his new novel, Transition; although before that he felt obliged to check that Iain was happy to be Scottish.
- Louise Willder – Blurb Your Enthusiasm – an A-Z of Literary Persuasion
- Nick Wallis – The Great Post Office Scandal: The fight to expose a multimillion pound IT disaster which put innocent people in jail
- Rachel Gross – Vagina Obscura: An Anatomical Voyage
- Howard Jacobson – Mother’s Boy: A Writer’s Beginnings
- Simon Mason – A Killing In November
- Or subscribe here