Britain in the 1970’s is revisited in vivid technicolour by Alwyn Turner in his new book, “Crisis, What Crisis?”. Tim Haigh visited Alwyn at home to discuss the politics, the cultural upheavals, the t.v and the pop music of the 1970’s. Enoch Powell and Tony Benn: Coronation Street and Love Thy Neighbour, feminism and homosexuality, they ranged far and wide, agreeing to differ only on the vexed question of whether Middle Of The Road and Showaddywaddy were more important than Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin.
- Louise Willder – Blurb Your Enthusiasm – an A-Z of Literary Persuasion
- Nick Wallis – The Great Post Office Scandal: The fight to expose a multimillion pound IT disaster which put innocent people in jail
- Rachel Gross – Vagina Obscura: An Anatomical Voyage
- Howard Jacobson – Mother’s Boy: A Writer’s Beginnings
- Simon Mason – A Killing In November
- Or subscribe here