Britain in the 1970’s is revisited in vivid technicolour by Alwyn Turner in his new book, “Crisis, What Crisis?”. Tim Haigh visited Alwyn at home to discuss the politics, the cultural upheavals, the t.v and the pop music of the 1970’s. Enoch Powell and Tony Benn: Coronation Street and Love Thy Neighbour, feminism and homosexuality, they ranged far and wide, agreeing to differ only on the vexed question of whether Middle Of The Road and Showaddywaddy were more important than Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin.
- Nicholas Wapshott – Samuelson Friedman: The Battle Over the Free Market
- Robb Johnson – The People’s Republic of Neverland: The Child Versus The State
- Alwyn Turner – All In It Together: England in the Early 21st Century
- Stan Lee – How Marvel Changed The World!
- Paul Theroux from the archives – Chicago Loop
Subscribe to Podcast