John Mortimer occupied positions at the very top of not one but two professions. He was a great writer – we need think no further than A Voyage Around My Father, and he was one of the most eminent barristers and QCs of his generation. The happy collision of these two strings to his bow was of course Rumpole of the Bailey, and in 1995 Tim had the pleasure of discussing with him the tenth collection of stories, Rumpole And The Angel Of Death.
- Louise Willder – Blurb Your Enthusiasm – an A-Z of Literary Persuasion
- Nick Wallis – The Great Post Office Scandal: The fight to expose a multimillion pound IT disaster which put innocent people in jail
- Rachel Gross – Vagina Obscura: An Anatomical Voyage
- Howard Jacobson – Mother’s Boy: A Writer’s Beginnings
- Simon Mason – A Killing In November
- Or subscribe here